Have you ever wondered how to remove negative content from the internet? If yes, then you have come to the perfect place.
While the internet has brought in a lot of benefits for everyone, it can often have a negative effect on many people’s lives. Today, the internet plays a primary role in determining the public perception of an individual. This is why learning how to remove negative content is extremely important.
If you have a negative online reputation, this will negatively affect your personal and professional relationships. Similarly, having a positive online reputation benefits the personal and professional opportunities available to you.
In this article, we discuss the most critical step of the reputation management process and provide a detailed guide on how to remove negative content.
How To Remove Negative Content From Google
Most of the online searches take place on Google. This means that information on Google will be read by a wide range of audiences. The negative content on Google will have the worst effect on your life. Therefore, the primary focus of any guide on how to remove negative content is a focus on Google content.
- Right to be forgotten request: You can submit a request for the erasure of any website from search engine results. This can be done in the form of an oral or written request to anyone at Google.
- Google Support: Google provides a lot of support to remove content. All you need to do is contact support and explain your issue. They will help out with the rest. This is the easiest step in any guide on how to remove negative content.
How To Remove Negative Content From Social Media
Social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter have policies on the nature of content that is allowed on the platform. With the broad reach of social media, it has become an important part of any guide on how to remove negative content.
Here are some of the arguments that you can use for requesting removal:
- Online harassment: Social media platforms are intended to provide safe and equal space to all users. Online harassment can be in the form of sharing harmful content. You can report this behaviour and request the removal of content.
- Nudity or obscenity: Nudity and obscenity are not allowed on any social media platform unless it is for artistic purposes. By and large, obscenity is easily removed from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Reporting content as obscene is one of the easiest ways to remove online content.
- Hate speech: Hate speech is defined as any speech which is intended to harm a particular minority group. Since hate speech is a crime, there are serious implications of posting it online.
How To Remove Negative Content From Websites
Websites can be owned by both individuals and companies. While it is fairly easy to remove content from individual owned websites, it can be difficult to deal with big companies.
Here are some of the ways you can remove content:
- Send Request: The first step should be to contact the publisher and request the voluntary removal of information. This has a high success rate when it comes to individual websites.
- Hire a lawyer: If you fail to remove content by yourself, you should definitely considering hiring a lawyer. You can send legal notices or file lawsuits with their help. This is often necessary when dealing with big companies that will not take down content voluntarily.
- Hire a reputation management company: If you wish to remove content without creating a lot of press, you should consider hiring a reputation management company. Such a company will have sophisticated technology and industry connections to remove harmful content.
How do you reduce negative content?
You can reduce the visibility of negative content by either removing it completely or adding more positive content. Most users only read the first page of search engine results. Due to this, you can minimize the impact of harmful content by reducing its search engine ranking.
How do to remove negative content from Google?
The most effective way is by submitting a right to be forgotten request with Google. Apart from this, you can also argue that the content is defamatory or harassment related.
How do I remove negative links?
There are many ways of removing negative content: by filing lawsuits, submitting erasure requests, optimizing positive content, etc.
How do I remove negative SERP results?
The best way to remove negative search engine results is to optimize positive content. The positive content should always rank high, thereby pushing negative content down on the search engine results page.