If you are wondering how to remove search results from Google, trust me, you are not alone. Millions of websites are posting content online on a regular basis. Since no one monitors the internet, anyone can post anything they like.
Online reputation can have a huge impact on your life. Therefore, it is a good idea to take an instant action for removing negative content online.
In this article, we provide a detailed guide on how to remove search results.
How To Remove Search Results Online Support
An effective way of removing search results is to directly contact the support team of the search engine. This is one of the easiest methods in the guide on how to remove search results. Here are some of the issues that you can highlight while requesting the removal of information:
- Outdated Content: You can file a request to remove the URL on Google for outdated content. This could be personal information that no longer paints an accurate picture of real life.
- Illegal Content: Google takes serious actions against illegal content. This is done in an attempt to create a safe browsing environment for everyone on the internet. You should immediately report any kind of unlawful content and request removal.
- Nudity/Sexually Explicit Material: Nudity is only allowed on Google for a limited set of reasons. For example, the nude material is artistic or forms part of public debate. Also, when it’s allowed, it needs to be marked as adult content.
- Child Pornography: Child pornography is a serious crime in most countries. This is not allowed to be shared by any search engine. You should file a report against it, and you can be assured of immediate action.
- Defamation and Harassment: One of the primary rules on any search engine is that it should not become a ground for abuse. Google, along with every social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, does not allow any kind of defamation. You can directly report defamation, and it will be taken down.
- Google Support: In case you are unsure of the grounds on which content can be removed, you can simply raise a concern with Google support. They provide support teams for each of their services. You can use their assistance to remove content.
How To Remove Search Results Through Law
We have to consider legal recourse in order to complete this guide on how to remove search results. This can be a bit expensive and time-consuming. However, this will ensure that the information is permanently removed from search results. This will be worth it in the long run.
Here are the two broad legal options for removing negative content:
- Legal notice: You can request a lawyer to draft a legal notice and send it to the publisher of the content. This is one of the most effective steps in how to remove the search results rulebook when content is published by an individual.
- Lawsuits: Filing a lawsuit is often used when none of the other strategies have worked. Various laws prohibit the publication of any content which defames, trolls, or harasses any person. You can file a lawsuit and demand damages from the publisher.
- GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation provides the right to be forgotten. This gives individuals the right to request the permanent removal of information. All you need to do is submit a request with the organization processing your data.
Those are some of the easiest and most efficient ways to manage content on the internet. We hope this detailed guide on how to remove search results is helpful!
Can I ask Google to remove a search result?
Yes! You can contact Google support and request the removal of any information that violates their terms and conditions.
How do I remove search results?
There are many ways to remove search results. You can decide to file lawsuits, submit requests with search engines or report content.
How do I get rid of outdated Google search results?
The best way to do this is to submit a request for removing the URL from Google. All you need to do is fill-up the form highlighting why the content is outdated.
How do I include positive search results?
Google ranks content based on its SEO score. Make sure all the positive content online is optimized and ranks on the first page of search results.